- 1 Cup Brown Rice
- 2 Cups Water
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Pound Ground Turkey
- 1 Packet Taco Seasoning
- 15 oz. Black Beans (1 Can)
- 2 Avocados, Sliced
- 15 oz. Whole Kernel Corn (1 Can)
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- 1 White Onion, Chopped
- 4 Tablespoons Scallions, Chopped
- ½ Cup Shredded Mexican Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Cilantro
- Bring the water to a boil and add rice and salt. Cover and reduce to a simmer. Allow the mixture to simmer, stirring occasionally, until the water is gone and the rice is cooked.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat in a sauté pan. Add the ground turkey, taco seasoning and a dash of salt and pepper. Stir the mixture occasionally until the turkey is cooked through; approximately 10 minutes.
- In a separate pan, add the remaining olive oil, black beans, corn, onions and scallions. Allow to cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Combine the veggie mix and the turkey mix in a large bowl. Separate the mix into four small bowls.
- Top each bowl with shredded Mexican cheese, cherry tomatoes, avocados and a sprinkle of cilantro.
- Serve to your family and eat!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles
Glitter&Bubbles | www.glitterandbubbles.com