- Three Boxes Vanilla Cake Mix
- 5-6 Containers Vanilla Frosting
- 2 Cups M&Ms
- 9 Organic Pasture-Raised Eggs
- 1 ½ Cups Vegetable Oil
- 3 ¾ Cups Water
- Black, Purple, Green & Orange Gel Food Coloring
- Lollipops and Hard Candy Sticks
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat the cake mix together with the eggs, vegetable oil and water.
- Place 3 cups of cake mix into four separate bowls.
- Squeeze 3-4 drops of the food coloring into the separate bowls and stir to combine. You should have a black cake mix, a purple cake mix, a green cake mix and an orange cake mix.
- Pour the cake mix into separate circular 9-inch baking pans.
- Place each cake into the oven and allow to bake for 45 minutes or until you can stick a toothpick into the center and pull it out clean. Check the cakes regularly to ensure you don’t overbake!
- Remove the cakes from the oven and allow them to cool.
- Once cooled, wrap each cake in three or four layers of plastic wrap and allow to freeze for 4-24 hours. Freezing the cakes makes them much easier to work with!
- Remove the cakes from the freezer and use a serrated knife to cut off the tops. Each cake should be perfectly flat.
- Use a circular cookie cutter to cut a hole in the center of the bottom and middle layers. Do not push the cookie cutter all the way through the bottom layer! The bottom layer should only be cut halfway. Fill the center of the bottom layer with M&Ms and frost the top. Place the next layer on top and fill with M&Ms and frost. Repeat this with the next layer and then place the last layer on top (without a hole).
- Once each layer is stacked, apply a crumb coat (thin layer of frosting) to the entire cake, beginning at the bottom.
- Place in the fridge for 15-30 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and frost the cake with the remaining frosting.
- Cluster the lollipops to one side and place on a cake stand for your next Halloween party!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles
Adapted: Betty Crocker
Glitter&Bubbles | www.glitterandbubbles.com