- 2 Cups Buttermilk
- 8 Cloves Garlic, Crushed
- 1 Whole Chicken, Cut into 10-12 Pieces or 1/2 Pound Chicken Wings
- 10 Sprigs Rosemary, Divided in Half
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Mustard Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Smoked Paprika
- 1 Lemon, Sliced
- Canola Oil for Frying
- Combine the buttermilk, garlic, chicken and half the rosemary. Let it marinate for 20 minutes in a plastic bag. Start to heat up the oil in a dutch oven to 365 degrees. (We did not have a dutch oven, so we used a deep straight side skillet).
- Place the flour in a casserole dish and dredge the chicken, one piece at a time. Pour the marinade into another casserole dish and place the chicken back in the buttermilk.
- Dredge the chicken back in flour again for a total of two flour coats and two buttermilk coats. Once up to temperature, drop the chicken in the dutch oven 2-3 pieces at a time so the pot doesn’t get crowded. Repeat until all chicken has been fried.
- Mix the mustard powder, black pepper, salt and smoked paprika in a large bowl and season the chicken wit hthe mixture as it comes out of the pot. Take remaining rosemary and lemon slices and fry for 30 seconds. Remove and serve alongside chicken.
Author: Glitter and Bubbles
Adapted: Fabio Vivani
Glitter&Bubbles | www.glitterandbubbles.com