- 1 Tablespoon Oregano
- 1/2 Cup Seafood Stock
- 1 Cup Roasted Red Bell Peppers
- 1 Cup Whole Peeled Canned Tomatoes
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Shallots, Roughly Chopped
- 1/2 Pound Dried Rigatoni
- 1/2 Pound Shrimp, Tail Off (21-25 count)
- 1/2 Pound Lump Crab Meat
- 1/2 Cup Torn Basil
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Place a large pot of salted water on high heat and bring to a boil
- While water is starting to boil, place the oregano, seafood stock, red bell peppers, tomatoes, garlic and shallots in a pot and bring right to a boil. Take off the heat and place in a blender. Blend until all ingredients are combined. This is the sauce.
- When water is boiling, add the pasta and cook to preferred doneness, about 7 minutes for al dente.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil into another large pot on medium high heat. Add the shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, (Add Optional Crab). Cook for another minute, then add basil and finish with the red pepper sauce. Turn the heat to low.
- Once pasta is cooked, add to the sauce pot and incorporate. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and drizzle with additional olive oil to finish.
- Zelda's Toddler Task: Helping peel the shrimp. This task can take a little warming up but once they get going it will keep them occupied!
- *Outstanding Leftovers the next day.
Author: Fabio Vivani from Fabio’s 30 Minute Italian
Glitter&Bubbles | www.glitterandbubbles.com