- 6 Eggs
- 1 Betty Crocker Super Moist White Cake Mix
- ¼ Cup Sour Cream
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
- Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue and Purple Gel Food Coloring
- ½ Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Container Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy Rainbow Chip Frosting
- 1 ½ Cups Frozen Whipped Topping, Thawed
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs on high speed until thick (approximately 6 minutes). Add the cake mix, sour cream, water and vegetable oil and mix.
- Evenly divide the batter into 6 bowls and add the red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple food coloring to one bowl each; mix together. Use a large spoon to create diagonal lines of each color by pouring the batter. Begin with purple, followed by blue, green, yellow, orange and red and repeat until the parchment paper is covered.
- Bake the cake for 10-11 minutes. Sprinkle powdered sugar on a clean kitchen towel and when the cake comes out of the oven, carefully turn it over onto the kitchen towel. Remove the parchment paper and carefully roll up the cake in the towel. Allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the frosting and whipped topping.
- Carefully unroll the cake and spread the frosting on the top and sides. Roll the cake up into a log and cover with frosting and rainbow sprinkles. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Author: Glitter and Bubbles
Adapted: Betty Crocker
Adapt Link: https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/rainbow-cake-roll/1438bd39-aaf6-419f-bead-914e69c6bf64
Glitter&Bubbles | www.glitterandbubbles.com