- 1 Cup Fresh Basil
- 1-2 Tablespoons Pine Nuts
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan
- 1/4 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, Sliced
- 6 Slices Multigrain Bread
- 1 Large Ball Mozzarella, Sliced
- 2 Avocados, Mashed
- 3 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
- To make the pesto, combine basil, pine nuts, minced garlic, olive oil and parmesan together in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Spread the pesto on one side of the bread and top with mashed avocado, mozzarella slices, and cherry tomatoes.
- Sandwich with another slice of bread.
- Brush both sides of the bread with butter. Repeat the previous two steps until three sandwiches are assembled.
- Place on the grill or grill pan for approximately 5 minutes, flip, and allow to grill for another 5 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and the mozzarella is melted.
- Serve to your family!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles
Glitter&Bubbles | www.glitterandbubbles.com