- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 2 Red Peppers Diced
- 1 Blended Zucchini
- 1 Blended Carrot
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Chopped
- 1 Medium Sized Finely Chopped Onion
- 1 Large Chopped Ripe Tomato
- 2 Teaspoons Sugar
- 1 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Bunch Fresh Basil
- Salt & Pepper, To Taste
- 3/4 of a Pack of Thick Orzo
- 200 Grams of Feta Cheese
- In a low saucepan, warm up the olive oil and sauce the ground beef with the peppers.
- While the meat is cooking you want to put your zucchini. onion and carrot in a blender or food processor, should be finely chopped.
- Once the beef is sautéed, add the garlic, onion, zucchini and carrot and continue sautéing.
- Add chopped tomato. salt and pepper, lower the heat and simmer the ground beef for about half an hour.
- Boil the orzo in salted water while the beef is simmering.
- Top Orzo with meat and top off with basic, crumbled feta, and optional pine nuts.
- Zelda's Toddler Task: Pull the basil apart into tiny pieces.
- *Outstanding Leftovers the next day!
Author: Eleni Psychouli in the Porto Carras Grand Resort Cookbook
Glitter&Bubbles | www.glitterandbubbles.com