- 1 Mini Donut Pan
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Melted Butter
- ¼ Cup & 2 Tablespoons Buttermilk
- 6 Medium Apples
- 6 Cups Water
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 3 Cinnamon Sticks
- Begin by cutting the apples into slices and adding them into a large pot with 6 cups of water over medium-high heat.
- Add in the cinnamon sticks and bring to a boil. Allow the mixture to boil for approximately 30 minutes and then turn to low heat; cover and allow it to simmer for 2 hours.
- While the cider is simmering prepare the donuts. Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a mini donut pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, ¼ cup sugar, baking powder, ½ teaspoon cinnamon and salt. Next, whisk together the egg, vanilla, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and buttermilk until combined. Spoon this mixture into the pan, filling each hole ¾ of the way, you don’t want to overfill!
- Place the pan in the oven and allow the donuts to bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool.
- Mix together the remaining sugar and cinnamon and brush each donut with the remaining melted butter. Dip the donuts into the sugar mixture to coat and set aside.
- Once the apple mixture is ready, remove it from the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
- Next, using a masher, turn the mixture into apple sauce. Pour the apple sauce through a strainer to remove the apple pulp, catching the juice underneath in a bowl.
- Pour the apple cider and serve with warm donuts!
Recipe adapted from Deliciously Yum & One Ingredient Chef by Glitter and Bubbles.
Glitter&Bubbles | www.glitterandbubbles.com