- 4 Eggs
- ¼ Cup Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ Teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Package Bacon
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 Loaf Braided French Bread
- 1 Tablespoon Powdered Sugar
- ¼ Cup Mixed Berries
- Place the bacon on a grill pan over medium heat and cook until crispy. Set aside.
- Slice the French bread into even slices, approximately 1-2 inches thick.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk the eggs, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Grease a skillet with butter over medium heat. Quickly dip the French bread in the egg mix, coating both sides and place on the skillet. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes and then flip. Repeat this process with each bread slice until golden brown, adding more butter to the pan as necessary.
- In a separate bowl, blend together the cream cheese and maple syrup. Crumble the bacon (leaving a few slices to serve on the side) and add to the mix, stir again.
- Use cookie cutters to cut the French toast into four “D’s” and two “A’s”. Place the cream cheese/bacon mix between each letter and sandwich.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve with mixed berries!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles
Adapted: The Love Nerds
Adapt Link: http://thelovenerds.com/2014/04/maple-bacon-stuffed-french-toast.html
Glitter&Bubbles | www.glitterandbubbles.com