- ¾ Cup Uncooked Quinoa
- 1 ½ Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- 1 Tablespoon + ½ Teaspoon Olive Oil
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Basil, Thinly Sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Shredded Mozzarella
- 1 Ball Mozzarella Cheese, Sliced
- 1 Beefsteak Tomato
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a saucepan, bring the quinoa and chicken broth to a boil. Lower to simmer and cook, covered, for 10 minutes, until the liquid has been absorbed. Add small amounts of water throughout if necessary. Set aside.
- While the quinoa is cooking, place the halved cherry tomatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 7-12 minutes.
- Place ½ teaspoon olive oil in a small pan and add the garlic. Cook over medium heat until golden brown and fragrant.
- In a large bowl, mix together the quinoa, garlic, and cherry tomatoes.
- Transfer the mix to an iron skillet and season with salt and pepper.
- Layer overlapping mozzarella slices and beefsteak tomato slices on top. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with fresh basil and a sprinkle of balsamic.
- Serve to your crew for dinner!
Zelda’s Task: Arranging the mozzarella and tomatoes on top!
Glitter&Bubbles | www.glitterandbubbles.com