- 2 Chocolate Bars
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
- 4 Slices Whole Wheat Bread
- ½ Cup Pomegranate Seeds
- 4 Slices Bacon
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 2 Large Butternut Squash
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Shallot
- 3 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- ½ Cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and cut the butternut squash in half.
- Brush the squash with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and paper. Place the butternut squash face down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast the squash for 45 minutes.
- Once it's done roasting, set the squash aside to cool.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the chopped shallot, minced garlic and a sprinkle of salt. Cook until golden brown.
- Scoop the butternut squash from the skin and place the squash in the blender. Add the shallot/garlic mixture, vegetable broth, butter, heavy cream and ground nutmeg. Turn your blender to the soup setting and push the button. Once done, pour the soup into a bowl and top with a few drops of heavy cream and salt and pepper.
- To make the sandwiches, spread peanut butter on one piece of wheat bread and top with two chocolate squares, pomegranate seeds, 2 slices of cooked bacon and a drizzle of honey. Sandwich with another slice of bread.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan over medium heat and add the sandwich. Grill the sandwich for 2-4 minutes per side or until the chocolate is melted and the bread is golden brown.
- Slice the pomegranate chocolate bacon sandwich into fours and serve with the butternut squash soup!
The soup is extra yummy when you add a few pomegranate seeds on top!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles
Glitter&Bubbles | www.glitterandbubbles.com