- 2 Packages of Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (24 rolls)
- 4 Cups Cheddar Cheese, Divided (Save yourself the trouble and buy shredded!)
- 2 Pounds Ground Beef
- 1 Cup Chopped Yellow Onion
- 14.5oz. Can Diced Tomatoes with Garlic & Onion, Drained
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 24 Bacon Strips, Cooked & Crumbled (We only used one package of bacon, I did one pan with bacon and one without.)
For the Glaze
- 1 Cup Butter, Cubed
- 1/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 4 Teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Without separating rolls, cut each package of rolls horizontally in half; arrange bottom halves in 2 greased 13x9 inch baking pans.
- Sprinkle each pan of rolls with 1 cup cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up beef into crumbles, 6-8 minutes; drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until combined, 1-2 minutes.
- Spoon beef mixture evenly over rolls; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Top with bacon. (Optional)
- Replace tops.
- For glaze, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Microwave, covered, on high until butter is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Pour over rolls; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and heated through, 20-25 minutes.
Zelda’s Toddler Task: She helps spoon the mixture of the rolls and paints the buns in butter and helps sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Author: Taste of Home
Adapt Link: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/bacon-cheeseburger-slider-bake/
Glitter&Bubbles | www.glitterandbubbles.com