Zelda and I are soaking up the last few weeks of summer. She will be off to school before we know it, and that means we’ve been experimenting in the kitchen. I love getting creative with her lunches. It’s super fun for both of us! Our foray into creating our own Uncrustables turned into what we are dubbing Zelda’s Stuffed Sprinkle Sandwiches. They’re somewhere between an Uncrustable and a Pop Tart. While this sweet treat is filled with sprinkles and chocolate, I tried to reign it in a little by using coconut flour and coconut sugar. Coconut sugar is a great alternative to refined sugar because it’s not as processed and contains some nutrients. Needless to say, we will be making these Stuffed Sprinkle Sandwiches again. What are you most exited to make your little ones for back to school?
Who can resist rainbow sprinkles?!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, and vanilla. Slowly add in the 3/4 cups of cold water. Mix to combine.
- Add the sprinkles and chocolate chips, stir to combine.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut the crust off the bread. Flatten the bread with a rolling pin. Repeat this with each slice of bread.
- Add a dollop to the center of two bread slices. Top with the remaining bread and seal the edges with a fork.
- Spray with avocado oil and bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Mix together the powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons water in a bowl.
- Brush the top of each sandwich with the mix and top with sprinkles.
- Give to your babes for lunch or dessert!
- Coconut Flour
- Coconut Sugar
- Powdered Sugar
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Chocolate Chips
- Whole Wheat Loaf