After spending most of the holidays eating only carbs and desserts, I realized I needed to step into a new routine. I began doing research on different diets and work out plans and kept coming across Whole 30. Ultimately, I decided eating Whole 30 24/7 wasn’t a good fit for my lifestyle but did come up with a few recipes I could work into my routine. Egg and Tomato stacks have ingredients both Zelda and I enjoy, and it’s easy to whip these up no matter what time of day. Eating eggs regularly is the easiest way for me to reach my daily protein intake, which will help me quickly shed that holiday weight. Consuming protein is key for my BBG work out plan (which I am so excited to start this week!). If you aren’t familiar with Kayla Itsines, now is the time to check her out. Stay tuned, I’ll be giving you progress updates on how my healthier 2018 plan progresses!
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
Lots of love to Handsome Brook Farm for sponsoring this post! It is partners like this that make documenting our journey possible.
- Prep Time 10m
- Cook Time 10m
- Total Time 20m
- Serves 4
- Yields 4
Eating eggs regularly is the easiest way to reach your daily protein intake, which will help you quickly shed that holiday weight!
- Place the ground pork into a bowl and add the salt, pepper and lemon juice. Use your hands to combine.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add some of the ghee.
- Once the ghee has melted, place a medium sized cookie cutter onto the pan and place some of the sausage inside the cookie cutter, forming a circle. Cook for approximately 4-5 on each side (depending on the thickness of your sausage). Repeat this until you have four sausage patties; set aside.
- While the sausage cooks, slice the tomatoes width wise into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Mash the avocado and set aside.
- Once you’ve made all the sausage, clean the cookie cutter and add more ghee to the skillet.
- Crack and egg into the cookie cutter (on the skillet) and cook the egg. The cookie cutter keeps the egg in a circular shape. Repeat this process until you have four eggs.
- Assemble the tomato stacks with a tomato base, followed by sausage, mashed avocado, another tomato, more avocado and then top with fried egg.
- Serve to your family for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles