Alana Mitchell’s chocolate chip cookies are delicious enough to be in a bakery. Soft, slightly crunchy on the edges and topped with flakes of sea salt, they have everything you would ever want in a chocolate chip cookie. As it goes with most cookies, they are best served warm. Beware, once you make these you’re going to digest some serious calories because you can’t eat just one. Do you have a dessert recipe that we must try? Tell us in the comments below!
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1/4 Cup Raw Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 3/4 All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Sea Salt for Sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together the butter, raw sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Whisk in the vanilla extract and eggs. Stir in the baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour, 1/2 a cup at a time and mix to combine.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and place the cookie dough balls onto the parchment paper.
- Sprinkle each ball with sea salt and baking for 10-13 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm!