If your house is like mine, Thanksgiving becomes a week long celebration. We always get a turkey that is too big, but I guess that is all part of the holiday! We’ve gotten pretty creative with what to do with our leftovers, and this year we’ve settled on Turkey Tetrazzini. This is a recipe from The Pioneer Woman (that we modified slightly) and we can’t get enough of it! It’s also an easy way to sneak in some vegetables. Plus, this dish reheats really well, so you can enjoy it for days on end. Zelda and I hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday, and we can’t wait to kick off the Christmas season! What’s your favorite Christmas family tradition? Tell us in the comments below.
- 1 Pound Thin Spaghetti
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 4 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Mushrooms, Chopped
- 1 Cup White Wine
- 1/3 Cup Flour
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 3 Cups Shredded Leftover Turkey
- 1 Cup Black Olives, Slides
- 1 Cup Green Peas
- 6 Slices Crumbled Bacon
- 1 Cup Shredded White Cheddar
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt And Pepper, To Taste
- 1 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Boil a pot of water and add salt.
- Once boiling, add the pasta and cook according to the instructions on the box.
- When the pasta is al dente, drain and set to the side.
- Place butter, garlic, mushrooms and salt in a large skillet (emphasis on large) and sauté for five minutes.
- Pour the wine wine over this mixture and cook until the liquid is half gone.
- Sprinkle in the flour and mix, followed by the broth. Stir until it thickens.
- Reduce the heat to medium low.
- Cut the cream cheese into cubes and add it to the pan.
- Stir until it has mostly melted.
- Add the turkey, olives, cheese and bacon.
- Stir until the cheese melts.
- Add the pasta and stir to combine. (You can add more broth if necessary.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add what is in the sauté pan to a baking dish and top with Parmesan and breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve to your family!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles
Adapted: The Pioneer Woman
Adapt Link: https://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/turkey-tetrazzini/