To curb my takeout habit, I’ve been trying to create things at home that are just as good (if not better) than what I grab when I’m on the go. My little mini and I always have dinner together so it is important that I’m conscious of what I eat when I’m with her. I told you last week about Zelda’s rice addiction, so it shouldn’t be any surprise that these Turkey Taco Bowls have delicious brown rice in the bottom of the bowl. Topped with an abundance of veggies, both cooked and uncooked, this recipe is perfect for lunch or dinner. What dinner recipes do you make at home? I’m always looking for ideas! Tell me in the comments below.
- Prep time: 20min
- Cook time: 10min
- Total time: 30min
- Yield: 4
- Serves: 4
Topped with an abundance of veggies, both cooked and uncooked, this recipe is perfect for lunch or dinner.
- 1 Cup Brown Rice
- 2 Cups Water
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Pound Ground Turkey
- 1 Packet Taco Seasoning
- 15 oz. Black Beans (1 Can)
- 2 Avocados, Sliced
- 15 oz. Whole Kernel Corn (1 Can)
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- 1 White Onion, Chopped
- 4 Tablespoons Scallions, Chopped
- ½ Cup Shredded Mexican Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Cilantro
- Bring the water to a boil and add rice and salt. Cover and reduce to a simmer. Allow the mixture to simmer, stirring occasionally, until the water is gone and the rice is cooked.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat in a sauté pan. Add the ground turkey, taco seasoning and a dash of salt and pepper. Stir the mixture occasionally until the turkey is cooked through; approximately 10 minutes.
- In a separate pan, add the remaining olive oil, black beans, corn, onions and scallions. Allow to cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Combine the veggie mix and the turkey mix in a large bowl. Separate the mix into four small bowls.
- Top each bowl with shredded Mexican cheese, cherry tomatoes, avocados and a sprinkle of cilantro.
- Serve to your family and eat!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles