When I was pregnant with Zelda cherry tomatoes with sea salt were my go-to snack. I seriously couldn’t get enough and had I known about this Fresh Tomato Basil Salad with Ricotta and Grilled Bread recipe, I know it would have been part of my regular rotation. This is the perfect summer salad! It’s easy to throw together so if you have last minute guests you can make it in a snap. The grilled bread adds an extra special touch and who can resist creamy ricotta cheese? The entire recipe requires under ten ingredients and they are most likely items you already have in your kitchen. What’s your go-to summer salad? Tell me in the comments below!
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
- 4 Tomatoes on the Vine
- 1/2 Cup Ricotta
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Basil, Cut
- 2 Tablespoons Chives, Chopped
- Salt to Taste
- 1 Rustic Italian Bread Loaf
- Cut the tomatoes into thick chunks and place in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Add the chopped chives and basil and mix.
- Brush the bread with olive oil and grill, approximately 2-3 minutes per side.
- Arrange the tomato mix in a shallow bowl and arrange the ricotta next to the tomato along with the grilled bread.
- Serve at your next summer party!