I’m shelving my Spicy Margarita obsession this summer and trying something new: In The Raw’s Spicy Tequila Sunrise. Made with muddled jalapeno and lime juice, it packs a punch. Agave In The Raw (a gluten free sweetener made from the blue agave plant) adds a sweetness that cuts through the spicy notes. Combined with tequila, fresh orange juice, pomegranate juice and club soda, it’s the perfect warm weather drink.
I’ve always been a fan of tequila, but ever since my trip to Tequila, Mexico (the town where tequila is made), I’ve become pickier about my cocktails and this one makes the grade. Agave In The Raw can also be used in coffee, baked goods and pretty much anything that requires a sweetener. It’s the perfect alternative to sugar! What’s your go-to summer cocktail?
The product, information, and gift card have been provided by the makers of In The Raw® so that I could try the product and share my thoughts and information about Agave In The Raw®. The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions of the makers of In The Raw® sweeteners.
- Prep time: 10min
- Total time: 10min
- Yield: 1
- Serves: 1
I’m shelving my Spicy Margarita obsession this summer and trying something new: In The Raw’s Spicy Tequila Sunrise.
- 1/2 Inch Slice Jalapeno Pepper (With Seeds)
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Agave In The Raw
- 3 Tablespoons Silver Tequila
- 8 Tablespoons Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Pom Wonderful Pomegranate Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Club Soda (Optional)
- 1/2 Orange Slice for Garnish
- Jalapeno Slice for Garnish
- In cocktail shaker or glass, muddle the jalapeno and lime.
- Add the agave, tequila, and orange juice. Fill the shaker with ice cubes and shake just to chill.
- Pour the pomegranate juice into a tall glass.
- Fill glass 3/4 with ice cubes.
- Gently strain the Spice Sunrise into the glass.
- Garnish with the orange and jalapeño slice.
Author: Glitter and Bubbles
Adapted: In The Raw
Adapt Link: http://www.intheraw.com/using-itr/recipes/spicy-tequila-sunrise