Rad Moms and Sugarwish Founders, Elisabeth Vezzani & Leslie Lyon are candy connoisseurs, which is pretty much the first requirement when you start a candy company. We were tickled pink to receive a box of their favorite pastel candies, and knew this was the time to make Piñata Cupcakes (just in time for Cinco de Mayo!). There’s nothing better than seeing the look on someone’s face when they bite into these “surprise” cupcakes. The best part? We’re giving away two Sugarwish boxes to one lucky reader. Just head over to Instagram to enter!
- Prep time: 1h
- Yield: 16-18 Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and mix the cake mix with the ingredients on the back of the box.
- Line a cupcake tin with muffin cups and pour the batter into each cup, about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake according to the box instructions, typically 18-21 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, use a 3/4 inch circle cookie cutter to cut a hole in the center of the cupcake (do not press all the way down, you don't want to break through the bottom).
- Remove any excess crumbs from the hole.
- Use a knife to cut the bottom of the piece you removed from the center. Fill the cupcake with your favoirte candy and press the center back into place.
- Frost and serve to littles!
RECIPE BROUGHT TO YOU BY GLITTER AND BUBBLES