While adjusting to our “new normal” for the Spring season it’s important that we fill this time with as much as creativity, color, and love as possible. Simple and thoughtful DIY’s can serve as gifts to loved ones who won’t be able to see this Easter. Fill your creative time with purpose and create things that you would have never had time for.
We LOVE accessories— and that makes this DIY for Spring Jewelry Dishes perfect for housing all of the trinkets and gems.
The best thing about this DIY is that you get the fun of creating and playing with clay without having to bake it in the oven when you use air-dry clay. Plus, these dishes aren’t just for spring, you can use any cookie cutter at any time of the year to make a fun gift!
Two Mini Bowls
Small Bowl of Water
1. Begin by placing a piece of wax paper down to cover your space. This will make it easier to clean up and will keep your clay from sticking to anything.
2. Knead up your dough until it’s soft and pliable, and then roll out it out until it’s about ¼ inch thick. Use your cookie cutters to cut out your desired shapes.
3. To create the bunny ears, cut two rectangles with your plastic knife.
4. Now it’s time to attach the ears! Place each rectangle so that they slightly overlap the circle. Next, dip your finger in the water and smooth over the bunny ears to meld with your circle. Now you have a bunny head!
5. Next, set up both of your shapes in small bowls and allow them to dry overnight. This will give them the circular shape to act as a dish. Our bunny ears stayed up, but if you feel yours are drooping, move a plastic water bottle behind them to hold them up overnight.
6. Ta-Da! 24 hours later, your bowls should be completely dry.
7. To create the bunny, draw two black dots with a sharpie marker for the eyes and an ‘X’ for the mouth. We painted on two pink circles for the cheeks.
8. To create your flower, stipple a bunch of dots in the center of the shape and create paint strokes outward with paint to serve as petals.
9. Now stack in your gems and jewels! If you’re feeling particularly festive, add in some candy and gift ‘em to your girlfriend’s littles!