Our house is decorated, we have Zelda’s costume and while we most likely will not have traditional trick-or-treating this year I want to start making the season special in different ways. With so many fun ways to celebrate the holiday season from delicious unexpected treats, candy scavenger hunts, DIY’s, and Zoom parties, we are going to rock the “new normal”. Currently pregnant one of my cravings have been meringues so I decided to give them a spooky makeover for Fall. These ghost meringues are super easy to prep and highly addicting, don’t say I didn’t warn you!
When I say EASY I mean easy! You simply mix together eggs, sugar, and a little cream of tartar and then pop the mix into a piping bag. Once your ghosts are pipped, just stick them in the oven and wait. It’s that easy! I am not going to draw out some long post to tell you at the end you just mix together a few ingredients, this is a hero recipe that you only need about 15 min to prep.
Spooky and cute!
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the egg whites together. Make sure the bowl is very clean before you crack the egg whites in.
- When soft peaks begin to form, add the cream of tartar and slowly add the sugar.
- Once stiff peaks form, pour the mix into a pipping bag with a round tip.
- Pipe small circles upward to make the ghost shape.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
Author: Glitter and Bubbles