Candy corn and pumpkins are officially in stock, Halloween cartoons are on the horizon and we’re cooking up a storm of scary good sweet and savory treats. I always appreciate a simple recipe, especially when it combines my two favorite tastes – salty and sweet. When I think of Halloween my mind doesn’t immediately go to potato chips but when I saw a recipe similar to these Spooky Chocolate Sprinkle Chips I knew I had to try it. This is surprisingly easy and little Z loved helping out with the sprinkles.
It wouldn’t be a Halloween snack without some seriously awesome decorations, so I pulled out some of my favorite paper supplies from Oriental Trading and voilà, our table was transformed. I even let Zelda put on her Halloween costume a little early to celebrate the occasion. How do you and your babes celebrate Halloween?
- Prep time:10min
- Total time:15min
- Yield: 6
- Serves: 6
I always appreciate a simple recipe, especially when it combines my two favorite tastes – savory and sweet. When I think of Halloween my mind doesn’t immediately go to potato chips but when I saw a recipe similar to these Spooky Chocolate Sprinkle Chips I knew I had to try it.
- Spread a bag of potato chips in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place the white candy melts in the microwave for 1 minute and then stir. Repeat this step with the green candy melts.
- Place the candy melts in two separate bags and cut a very small hole on the corner.
- Squeeze the melted candy melts out of the cut corner and drizzle on the potato chips. Immediately top with sprinkles and edible glitter.
- Place in the fridge for 5 minutes and allow the candy melts to harden.
- Serve to your littles while they watch a Halloween movie!
Recreate our Halloween table with Oriental Trading!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles