If you’re looking to entertain your babe for a solid two hours I’ve got you covered. (Side note: If you aren’t making these with a toddler the entire process is much faster.) I cannot even properly describe how much fun Zelda had making Scary Monster Cookies with me. Sometimes it is best not to mess with a good thing and that certainly rings true for Nestle Toll House’s chocolate chip cookie recipe. I’ve been using it ever since I can remember and it is the perfect cookie recipe to make with a toddler.
I pre-measured all our ingredients and set them on a table so Zelda could dump everything into the bowl as we went along. She was also in charge of stirring and eventually, taste testing the cookie dough. Once they were finished we made them into tiny monster cookies. What Halloween recipes are you making this year? Tell us in the comments below!
- Prep time:1h
- Cook time:10min
- Total time:1h 10min
Baking and decorating Scary Monster Cookies is a fun and easy Halloween activity the whole family will enjoy! What are you making this Halloween?
- 2 ¼ Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Sticks Softened Butter
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Cups Chocolate Chips
- Vanilla Frosting
- Green, Purple & Orange Gel Food Coloring
- Mini Marshmallows
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- White Chocolate Chips
- Red Twizzlers Licorice
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine baking soda, salt, butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract using an electric mixer.
- Beat in the eggs and gradually add the flour ½ a cup at time and then stir in the chocolate chips. (Take a moment to taste test!)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and make small cookie dough balls, approximately 1 inch thick. Place the cookie dough onto the baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool.
- While the cookies are cooling, divide the vanilla frosting into three separate bowls. Add green, purple and orange gel food coloring (one color per bowl) and mix.
- Place a dollop of colored frosting between two cookies. Top with another dollop and add the marshmallows and M&M’s for eyes. Use the Twizzlers for antennas and the chocolate chips for teeth.
- Eat with your family!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles
Adapted: Pillsbury & Nestle Toll House
Adapt Link: https://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/chomping-monsters/69e7b7ef-e3b9-452a-9966-3ad3f271cf9f