What do you get when you combine RAD Mom, Sandy Chang, bright colors and fun shapes? Some seriously delicious Layered Jello, of course! While Sandy (of Sandy a la Mode) usually reserves this for the holidays, we took it and made it warm weather ready with our favorite colors and cookie cutters. My first bite of this layered treat instantly brought back childhood memories, making me feel super nostalgic. Zelda was fascinated feeling this gelatinous texture for the first time and she wasn’t quite sure what to make of it!
- Prep time:2h 30min
- Yield: 1 pan
- Boil 1 1/4 cups of water. For the first layer, combine one 3 oz. box of Jello with 1/2 a pack of Knox gelatin and then add the boiling water. Stir until dissolved.
- Pour it into a 9×9 pan and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- For the second layer, boil 3/4 cup of water and combine it with 1 1/2 packs of gelatin and sugar until dissolved.
- Add a teaspoon of clear vanilla extract and allow the mixture to cool for about 5 minutes. Once cooled, add 1/2 cup of milk.
- Once 20 minutes of refrigeration is over on the first layer, SLOWLY spoon in this mixture for the second layer.
- Refrigerate the second layer for 15-20 minutes.
- For layer three, combine one 3 oz box of Jello with 1/2 pack of Knox gelatin and mix with 1.25 cups of boiling hot water and stir until dissolved. Let cool and slowly spoon this layer on top of the white layer.
- Place back in fridge and chill for 2 hours.
- Cut the Jello with your favorite cookie cutters and serve!
RECIPE BROUGHT TO YOU BY SANDY CHANG FOR GLITTER AND BUBBLES.