Skip the potato chips and opt for a healthier version, or three! After a lot of experimentation in the kitchen we’ve landed on our favorite three versions of vegetable chips: beets, garlic and carrots. Perfect for the mom on the go, these take very little time to make and you can throw them in your bag and head out the door. Never find yourself without a healthy snack again!
- Prep Time: 10-45 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Next, peel the garlic, beets and carrots.
3. Use a mandoline to thinly slice the vegetables.
4. Combine the garlic and coconut milk (don’t let the consistency make you nervous!) and allow to sit for 45-60 minutes.
5. In the meantime, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange the carrots and beets in one layer. Brush both sides of the vegetables with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
6. Allow the carrots and beets to bake for 25-35 minutes, or until crispy. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
7. Once the garlic is done soaking, place the mixture in a strainer and rinse with water until the coconut milk is gone.
8. Next, heat a pan of canola oil and drop in the thinly sliced pieces of garlic. Allow to fry for 2-4 minutes or until crispy.
9. Remove from the oil and set on a piece of paper towel and sprinkle with salt. Allow them to cool.