When Rad Mom and creative aficionado, Minhee Park-Cho told us that her favorite dessert to make with her son was Rice Krispies we instantly knew she would appreciate a royal (and Zelda-fied) spin on the classic treat! We can never resist the chance to use a cookie cutter so we made the original Rice Krispies recipe, cut out a few crown shapes, melted and molded lavender and pink candy melts into hearts and then inserted them into the center of each crown. Talk about an upgrade! We will enlighten you – we practiced some seriously in-depth meditation while pouring the chocolate into the heart molds. It takes a steady hand and some patience, but don’t worry! The effort is totally worth it and your babes will love it (if you can manage not to eat them all first).
- Prep time:1h
- Yield: 15-20 servings
- Pour the butter and marshmallows into a large bowl and microwave for 3 minutes, stirring after two minutes.
- Pour the Rice Krispies into the marshmallow and butter mix, stir to combine.
- Flatten the mixture on a piece of parchment paper and allow to cool.
- While cooling place the candy melts in separate bowls and microwave for approximately one minute each. Stir to combine.
- Use a small spoon to pour the candy melts into each heart mold. Once filled, place in the fridge for 10 minutes. DO NOT leave the chocolate in longer than this, it will sweat and start to crack.
- Once the Rice Krispies are cool, use a crown shaped cookie cutter to cut out shapes. Push the heart chocolates into the center of the crown, using your fingers to mold the Rice Krispies around it if necessary.
- Serve to your littles!
RECIPE BROUGHT TO YOU BY RICE KRISPIES & GLITTER AND BUBBLES