It’s time to get your red, white and blue on! Kick your barbeque up a notch (and your rad mom status) when you serve Red & Blue Slushies with Star Sliders. This adorable lunch with have your littles feeling super patriotic and they will have the energy to stay up for the fireworks. To make the slushies we used our new KitchenAid blender from Williams-Sonoma. It’s the most powerful blender on the market, which made creating these slushies a snap! We see a lot of frozen drinks in our future this summer. When cooler temps arrive the fun won’t stop, the blender also has a thermal control jar that allows us to make hot soup in less than 6 minutes (not that we want to think about winter). And did we mention it also has a self-cleaning cycle? We’re in love.
To make the sliders we used our trusty grill pan but we’ll definitely be moving the party outside this weekend and onto a real grill. Creating the star shapes for the buns was a super easy thanks to this set of cookie cutters. Once these two steps were complete, assembly was a breeze! Zelda loves sticking her tiny hands into all the condiments and toppings to taste test before putting them on her burger. It’s incredible how she’s developing her own tastes (for food and fashion!). How are you celebrating the holiday with your family?
- Prep time:30min
- Yield: 6-8 sliders
- 2 Blue Kool-Aid Packets
- 2 Red Kool-Aid Packets
- 20-30 Ice Cubes
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Parsley
- 4 American Cheese Slices
- 1/2 White Onion
- 6-8 Slices of Butter Lettuce
- 6-8 Bread & Butter Pickles
- 6-8 White or Wheat Burger Buns
- Use the star cookie cutter to cut shapes from the buns and set aside.
- In a large bowl, use your hands to combine the ground turkey, egg, garlic powder, parsley and salt and pepper.
- Form into 1 inch thick balls and then softly flatten. Place on a grill pan brushed with olive oil over medium heat.
- Flip the burgers occasionally until cooked through.
- While the burgers are cooking combine the blue Kool-Aid packets, 10 ice cubes, 1 cup of water and 1/2 cup sugar in the blender and pulse. Repeat this process, separately with the red Kool-Aid. Adjust the number of ice cubes according to how "slushy" you want your drink.
- Once the burgers are cooked, place a slice of lettuce on the bottom bun, followed by the burger, cheese, onions, pickles, ketchup and mustard.
- Serve to your babes!
RECIPE BROUGHT TO YOU BY GLITTER AND BUBBLES