- 2 Puff Pastry Dough Squares
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 3 oz Baby Spinach
- 1/4 Teaspoon Oregano
- 2 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 2 oz Ricotta
- 2 oz Feta Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with foil and cooking spray. Keep your puff pastry refrigerated until your ready to use it.
- Begin by dicing the onion into 1/4 inch sized pieces, and coarsely chop the spinach. Stem and mince the oregano.
- Mix the cornstarch and 1/4 cup water in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat a large non stick pan over medium high heat. Add two teaspoons of olive oil and the diced onion to hot pan, and cook until softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted, another 2-3 minutes. Stir in cornstarch slurry. Remove from burner and transfer spinach filling to mixing bowl used for slurry. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Let filling rest until it feels cool to the touch.
- Once spinach filling has cooled to the touch, add ricotta, feta, oregano and 1/4 teaspoon salt to the bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Remove any paper in between the sheets of puff pastry. Place one puff pastry square onto prepared baking sheet. Scoop spinach filling onto dough center, leaving 1/4 inch of a border. Lightly brush dough border with water. Gently stretch second puff pastry square 1/4 inch in each direction, and cut a vent in the middle. Place dough square over filling, meeting first dough square. Use a fork to crimp and press dough pieces together. Brush the top with a little olive oil.
- Bake until tart is puffed up and browned, about 16-20 minutes. Remove from oven and rest 3-5 minutes. Cut and serve.
Author: Glitter and Bubbles
Adapted: Home Chef
Glitter&Bubbles | www.glitterandbubbles.com