- 1/2 Dozen Homemade Meatballs
- 24oz. Jar Marinera Sauce
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, Diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Crushed
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3/4 Package Spaghetti Noodles
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan, Grated
- A few weeks ago I bought a cast iron skillet, and this recipe was the first chance I had to use it! Break out yours, then sauté the onion in olive oil over low/medium heat. Throw in the garlic and keep sautéing until the onions are soft.
- Cook your meatballs. This is a very important step, and one that I overlooked! So make sure you cook your meatballs all the way through before proceeding.
- In the skillet with the onions, garlic and your now cooked meatballs, add the marinara sauce and seasoning.
- Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- While your sauce mixture is simmering, cook your spaghetti noodles. Leave them just slightly undercooked.
- Remove your meatballs from the sauce mixture ( I used tongs). Set off to the side.
- Add the noodles to your sauce mixture, along with 1/2 cup of pasta water. Stir together until all your noodles are coated with the sauce.
- Place the meatballs on top of the noodles, then sprinkle your cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes. Your cheese should be all melted!
Zelda’s Toddler Task: She has the final and most important task, topping off the dish with cheese!
Author: Joy in Every Season
Adapt Link: https://www.joyineveryseason.com/main-dishes/baked-spaghetti-meatballs/
Glitter&Bubbles | www.glitterandbubbles.com