For the Dough
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 12 Tablespoons Cold Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Water
For the Filling
- 2 Cups Apples, Peeled & Diced
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Melted Butter
- ½ Tablespoon Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the flour, salt and sugar in a food processor and pulse. Add in the chopped butter and pulse 10-12 more times. Pour in the water and mix until combined.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and flatten; roll into a ball. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- Once the dough is chilled, roll it out onto a lightly floured surface and flatten again. Flip the mason jar upside-down and cut 3-5 circles with the top from the dough; set aside.
- Use the rest of the dough to line the jars, pressing your fingers on the dough to connect the pieces together.
- Combine the diced apples, melted butter and cinnamon together in a bowl. Toss until the apples are thoroughly combined in the cinnamon butter mix. Fill the mason jars with the apples.
- Take the circle dough cut outs and use the heart cookie cutter to create a hole in the center (this will allow steam to escape). Place the cut outs on the top of each mason jar, make sure the top can connect with the interior edge and use the back of a fork to press them together.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the crust is golden brown and serve to your babes!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles
Adapted: Our Best Bites
Adapt Link: http://ourbestbites.com/2009/09/single-serving-pie-in-a-jar/
Glitter&Bubbles | www.glitterandbubbles.com