Is it a bad thing that we want to eat Rad Mom, Irina Ovrutsky’s Rainbow Swirl Cake every weekend? When she gave us this multicolored creation it instantly transported us back to Zelda’s birthday party. We have a feeling this cake is Lisa Frank approved.
Don’t Be Intimidated:
At first glance the rainbow swirl cake recipe looked a little intimidating but with the help of a springform pan and a little gel food coloring it turned out to be super easy! To create rich and vibrant colors it’s so much easier with gel food coloring — I don’t know how I ever used the store bought food coloring before! If you haven’t used it yet we’re giving you fair warning, you may become addicted. This cake might make a cameo at Zelda’s third birthday party — it’s never too early to start planning right?
You Will Need These:
Do you have a super cool dessert recipe that you love to make with your little? If you make this Rainbow Swirl Cake we want to know about it, be sure to share on social and tag #ZeldaEats! Have fun creating this rainbow deliciousness with your crew! XX-
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
- Prep time: 1h
- Yield: 1 Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and mix the cake batter according to the instructions on the box.
- Ladle the cake batter into 6 separate bowls and add 1-2 drops of gel food coloring to each bowl so that you have the colors of the rainbow.
- Pour each colored mix into a springform pan one at a time.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick into the center of the cake and pull it out clean.
- Remove the sides of the pan, allow the cake to cool, frost with buttercream frosting and top with sprinkles.
- Cut and serve to littles!
RECIPE BROUGHT TO YOU BY IRINA OVRUTSKY FOR GLITTER AND BUBBLES