Pretty, healthy, and delicious — what more can you ask for?! I’ve been trying to incorporate more fruits and veggies into my diet. You may have seen on Instastories that I’m stepping my game up in regards to my health. I was recently contacted by Arivale and we’ve taken a deep dive into what is going on in my body. (Full post on that coming soon!) In an effort to get more of the nutrients I need, Zelda and I have been seeking out creative ways to eat our greens.
When I saw these Rainbow Spring Rolls on Pinterest, I knew we had to try them. The rice paper is delicate, so be careful not to leave it in the water too long or it will easily tear. It took us a few tries to get it just right so don’t give up early. It’s okay if they aren’t perfect! What healthy snacks do you love? Tell me in the comments below.
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
Pretty, healthy, and delicious — what more can you ask for?!
- Prep the fruits and veggies and set aside.
- Boil three cups of water in a skillet and allow to cool for about 2 minutes.
- Place a piece of rice paper inside the water for about 15 seconds.
- Remove from the water and place on a damp cutting board.
- Add fillings towards the right side of the rice paper (you can mix and match any of these fruits and veggies depending upon what combos sound good to you).
- Fold the top, bottom and right side over the fillings and then roll and seal on the left side.
- Repeat this process until you’ve used all the rice paper.
- Eat Rainbow Spring Rolls with your kids at lunch time!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles