While fall doesn’t officially begin until September 22nd, my brain changes seasons when the sun goes down on Labor Day. After that, I switch into cold weather mode – bring on the thick knit sweaters and black leather boots! To close the summer season, I wanted to share one of my favorite meals to bring to a party — rainbow macaroni salad. If you’re going to a soiree this afternoon and still aren’t sure what to bring, pay attention this what you need. This can sit in the fridge for a few days so if party goers don’t finish it, bring it home and let the fam chow down. What’s your knock out Labor Day recipe? Tell me in the comments below.
- Prep time: 20min
- Cook time: 10min
- Total time: 30min
If you’re going to a casual soiree and still aren’t sure what to bring, pay attention this what you need.
For the Salad:
- 12 Ounces Elbow Macaroni
- ½ Cup Black Olives, Halved
- ½ Cup Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- 2 Avocados, Cubed
- 1 Brick Colby Jack Cheese, Cubed
- 4-5 Purple Carrots, Peeled & Sliced
- 6 Ounces Pancetta, Cubed & Cooked
- Parsley for Garnish
- 1/3 Cup Red Onion
For the Sauce
- 2/3 Cup Mayo
- 1/3 Cup White Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons White Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add the macaroni noodles. Allow the noodles to cook approximately 10-12 minutes.
- While the noodles are cooking, sauté the pancetta with olive oil and cut up the veggie and cheese.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the ingredients for the sauce.
- Once the noodles are cooking, mix with the addition ingredients and sauce; toss to combine.
- Refrigerate and bring to your next party!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles