What do my rabbit Shakira, rainbow cheese and puddles have in common? Zelda thinks they are all hilarious. These three things always evoke a series of full belly laughs from my babe. Zelda will spend hours chasing Shakira around the house giggling, and never misses the opportunity to splash in a puddle while smiling from ear to ear. The rainbow cheese fascination is a newer addition to the list. I discovered this a few weeks ago when I got the idea to give her lunch a major upgrade.
Our homemade “unicorn cheese” sent her into a fit of giggles and she thoroughly enjoyed it down to the last bite. Which really got me thinking – why don’t restaurants offer rainbow creations on their kids’ menus? By adding a touch of food coloring to mozzarella cheese and noodles we made three magical creations. It seems like a no brainer! Do you have a kitchen hack your babe loves? Tell me in the comments below.
- Prep time:10min
- Cook time:20min
- Total time:30min
- Yield: 3
- Serves: 3
By adding a touch of food coloring to mozzarella cheese and noodles we made three magical creations!
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the pasta noodles. Allow to cook for 8-10 minutes.
- While the noodles are boiling, evenly distribute the shredded cheese into five different bowls and add 1-2 drops of food coloring to each. Mix with a spoon or with your hands (if you use your hands I HIGHLY recommend wearing plastic gloves).
- Spread the cheese evenly into horizontal rows on a single piece of bread and on half the tortilla. Sandwich the cheese between another slice of bread.
- Melt butter on a skillet over medium heat and add the sandwich, flipping occasionally until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted. Fold the tortilla in half and repeat this process.
- Strain the noodles and toss in the food coloring.
- Add pink food coloring to some sour cream and serve!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles