I’ve been on a quinoa kick and truRoots has been my go-to. I love their brand because its organic, non-GMO, gluten-free and they have super cute recipe videos on their website. Zelda and I gave one of their recipes our own breakfast spin and came up with a Healthy Quinoa Breakfast Bowl. Girl is developing a MAJOR bacon addiction but we opted for precut pancetta, it’s a little easier to cook and doesn’t make as much of a mess. Throw in a few avocado slices, some eggs and cherry tomatoes, and you’ve got a Zelda approved meal. To make it even healthier for mom, I sprinkled a few chia seeds on top. What breakfast does your crew crave?
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
- Prep Time 10m
- Cook Time 15m
- Total Time 25m
- Serves 1
- Yields 1
To make quinoa breakfast bowls even healthier for mom, I sprinkled a few chia seeds on top!
- Bring 1 ½ cups water to a boil and add the quinoa. Reduce the heat to the simmer and cover. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Remove from the pan and allow to cool.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- While the quinoa is boiling, fill a separate pot with 2-3 cups of water and bring to a rolling boil. Add two eggs and allow to boil for 7-8 minutes. Remove the eggs from the water and add to a bowl of cold water for one minute. Remove from the water and peel the shells.
- Add 4 ounces pancetta to a skillet and cook over medium heat until crispy. Set aside.
- Toss the pancetta, cherry tomatoes, quinoa and chia seeds together. Top with avocado slices and soft boiled eggs.
- Serve in the morning!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles