We would be lying if we said we weren’t secretly counting down the days until October. It’s one of our all time favorite months! Zelda has been talking about her Halloween costume for weeks, and now I feel like we can really get serious about it. It’s hard to believe Zelda is heading off to preschool this month too! We’ve been having an incredible time on our Greek vacation (more photos coming soon), but we are looking forward to settling into our new life in the mountains.
With so much going on, we don’t really need an excuse to celebrate, and you can’t celebrate without a delicious cake! We came across this Pumpkin Cake on Food Network, and although we modified it a bit from the original, it’s so yummy. We can’t get enough of the cream cheese frosting. How are you celebrating fall?
For the Cake:
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 Can Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
For the Frosting:
- 1 Block Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Milk
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Mix until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a baking pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, make the frosting.
- Combine the cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, spread the cream cheese frosting over the top.
- Top with yellow and orange sprinkles and cut into thick squares.
- Serve at your next party!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles
Adapted: Food Network
Adapt Link: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/pumpkin-bars-recipe-1944805