Zelda is half Greek, so we like to incorporate Mediterranean ingredients wherever possible. I’ve mentioned before that I love using the Crock-Pot, especially in the winter, and I’ve got shredded chicken down to a science. With the help of Wheat Thins toasted pita chips, I incorporated some of her favorite ingredients into these kid-friendly chicken nachos and they were a big hit! What do you make with your babes on the weekend? Tell me in the comments below!
MAKE IT LOOK LIKE OURS
- Prep time:20min
- Cook time:15min
- Total time:35min
- Serves: 4
With the help of Wheat Thins toasted pita chips, these kid-friendly chicken nachos were a big hit!
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, buffalo wing sauce and honey. Place the chicken breasts inside a Crock Pot and pour the mix on top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Allow to cook on high for 4 hours or until the chicken is cooked through and easily shredded with a spatula. Once shredded, place in a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and arrange the pita chips in a single layer inside a baking dish.
- Place the chicken on top of the chips, followed by the red onion, shredded cheese, cherry tomatoes, green onions and avocado chunks.
- Allow to bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over the nachos and serve to littles!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles