Zelda is half Greek, so we like to incorporate Mediterranean ingredients wherever possible. I’ve mentioned before that I love using the Crock-Pot, especially in the winter, and I’ve got shredded chicken down to a science. With the help of Wheat Thins toasted pita chips, I incorporated some of her favorite ingredients into these kid-friendly chicken nachos and they were a big hit! What do you make with your babes on the weekend? Tell me in the comments below!
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
MAKE IT LOOK LIKE OURS
- 2-3 Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- Salt & Pepper
- 10-12 Cherry Tomatoes, Sliced
- 1-2 Avocados, Cubed
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Gruyere Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Green Onion, Chopped
- 2-3 Tablespoons Red Onion, Chopped
- 1-2 Cups Wheat Thins Toasted Pita Chips
- 1 Lime
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, buffalo wing sauce and honey. Place the chicken breasts inside a Crock Pot and pour the mix on top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Allow to cook on high for 4 hours or until the chicken is cooked through and easily shredded with a spatula. Once shredded, place in a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and arrange the pita chips in a single layer inside a baking dish.
- Place the chicken on top of the chips, followed by the red onion, shredded cheese, cherry tomatoes, green onions and avocado chunks.
- Allow to bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over the nachos and serve to littles!