Let’s be real, the only person baking pink cinnamon rolls for me in my house is me. Even though Spiro loves to cook, baking isn’t really his jam but that’s okay because I love hitting the kitchen with Zelda. She’s at a point in her life where she is super excited about food. She’s so inquisitive and always wants to know what I’m making. She loves being the official Glitter and Bubbles’ taste tester! I let her lick the icing out of the bowl when I was making these Pink Cinnamon Rolls and she completely lost it! She was going crazy and would not stop asking me for more.
Her newest thing is panting when she wants something and it’s so cute that I can help but indulge her. When she had the chance to taste the actual cinnamon roll her reaction was similar. We’re keeping this recipe on tap for special occasions, as it’s quickly become a favorite among everyone in my household. What are you making for yourself (or for your mom) this Mother’s Day?
- Prep time: 25min
- Cook time: 20min
- Total time: 45min
Let’s be real, the only person baking pink cinnamon rolls for me in my house is me.
- For the Rolls
- Pillsbury Supreme Moist White Cake Mix
- 2 Packages Dry Yeast
- 1 Tablespoon Pink Gel Food Coloring
- 2.5 Cups Water
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 4.5 Cups Flour
- For the Filling
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Softened Butter
- For the Frosting
- 2 Oz. Softened Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Softened Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 3-4 Tablespoons Half and Half
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- In a large bowl, mix the cake mix, salt and flour together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the yeast, food coloring and water until the yeast has dissolved.
- Use your hands to combine these mixtures; cover tightly and place in the fridge to rise for one hour.
- Remove the dough from the fridge, punch, reshape and place back in the fridge to rise for 45 additional minutes.
- Roll the dough onto a floured surface and shape into a rectangle. The dough should be approximately 1/4 inch thick. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Beginning at the opposite end from you, roll the dough into one long piece and cut into equal sized pieces.
- Use cooking spray to grease a large pan and arrange the rolls in the pan next to each other.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the cinnamon rolls are baking, mix together the softened cream cheese, softened butter, vanilla, half and half and salt. Slowly add in the powdered sugar.
- Remove the cinnamon rolls from the oven and immediately cover with the frosting. Serve warm!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles
Adapted: Love from the Oven
Adapt Link: http://www.lovefromtheoven.com/pink-ribbon-cinnamon-rolls-for-national-breast-cancer-awareness-month/