Celeste Wright is a lot of things – a cool California mama, social media whiz, blogger and wife. One thing she doesn’t consider herself? A baker. When we asked this Rad Mom what she makes for her family around the holidays she politely smiled and lovingly told us that she buys Trader Joe’s Pecan Pie. Her next confession? That she’s hoping to change that soon! We thought we’d give her a head start and supply her with a killer recipe for this delicious baked good. Last night after whipping up our first ever pecan pie (seriously – it’s so easy!). Zelda and I were eating it by the forkful. Does your family love pecan pie? Make this recipe and let us know how it goes in the comments below.
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
- 1 1/4 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Frozen Uncooked Pie Shell
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread the pecan pieces in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Mix together the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, butter, vanilla extract and salt. Add the baked pecans last.
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell and bake for 1 hour, covering after 20 minutes to avoid burning the top.
- Serve to littles!