Fruit on pizza?! It’s for real. Zelda and I decided to go the road less traveled and mix things up with our pesto pizza toppings. I wasn’t sure if she would go for this, but she made it her own and ate the pancetta, pears and cheese first, finishing the crust last. To each their own! I reheated this in the oven the next day (it never quite tastes the same if you reheat it in the microwave), and it was still delicious.
I wouldn’t keep this over 24 hours, the pears won’t hold up forever! We also saved ourselves a little time and bought the pre-cubed pancetta. It’s a little easier to cook and crisps up nicely. What are your all-time favorite pizza toppings? Tell me in the comments below!
MAKE YOURS LOOK LIKE OURS
- Prep time: 20min
- Cook time: 20min
- Total time: 40min
- Yield: 1
- Serves: 4
Fruit on pizza?! It’s for real.
- Combine the basil leaves, pine nuts, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and garlic in a food processor and pulse. Add 1/2 cup olive oil a few pours at a time and pulse to combine. Add salt and pepper; scrape down the sides and pulse again.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough onto a floured surface. Brush with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and bake for 7-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and pour on the pesto, evenly distributing it with a spatula.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining Parmesan cheese. Top with pears and pancetta.
- Allow to bake for 10-12 more minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown.
- Serve to littles!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles