Every now and then we like to experiment with Better Homes and Gardens DIY Recipes. After two burnt and slightly misshapen pancakes we finally figured out a successful flipping technique for their Oatmeal Pancake Cookie Pies. It produced normal looking flapjacks, but sometimes required a two spatula maneuver. Once we got into our groove we eventually made it down to one spatula and even achieved a few golden brown pancakes that looked as good as they tasted. The trick to this recipe is patience! We realized we couldn’t flip the pancakes too early or they would fall apart, and we couldn’t wait too long or they would start to overcook. We waited until they began to bubble and then made our move!
This technique produced the finest pancakes of the bunch and after experimenting with many different spatulas, we found this one was the easiest to flip with. To give them a symmetrical circular shape we used a round cookie cutter as soon as they cooled. Once that step was over everything was easy breezy and adding the edible glitter and sprinkles was by far the most fun! Do you have a secret trick to making pancakes at home? Tell us in the comments below.
- Prep time: 4h
- Yield: 4-6 Sandwiches
- Whip the cream until peaks form and add in the maple syrup. Cover and refrigerate for 4-8 hours.
- In a large bowl fluff the butter with an electric mixer and then add in the brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Slowly add this mixture to the butter mixture and beat until combined. Slowly add the milk and then the egg, mix to combine.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and add 1 ½ teaspoons of the batter and cook until the batter begins to bubble, flip and cook until golden brown. Repeat this process until the batter is gone. Allow to cool and cut with a circular cookie cutter.
- Mix the filling with your favorite sprinkles and spread between two pancakes. Sprinkle with edible glitter. Repeat this process until all the pancakes have been used.
RECIPE BROUGHT TO YOU BY GLITTER AND BUBBLES VIA BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS