Sometimes there is literally no time to cook dinner and that’s when we are happy to hand things over to our other set of hands in the kitchen — the Crock-pot. It might not be the most gourmet kitchen appliance, but it gets the job done and we’ve made some seriously delicious meals with it. Don’t knock it, until you try it! This absolutely mouthwatering recipe for Mini Shredded Chicken Tacos is one of our many faves. It couldn’t be easier to execute! You put the ingredients in the Crock-pot and walk away. And who doesn’t love coming home to a cooked meal? It’s almost like having a private chef…except someone will still need to chop the veggies!
- Prep time:2h
- Yield: 10-15 tacos
- Place 2-3 chicken breads in the crockpot, followed by 1 jar of salsa and 1 packet of taco seasoning.
- Cook on high for 2-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Place one peeled and pitted avocado in the blender with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon minced garlic and pulse to combine.
- Use a round cookie cutter to cut out small tortilla shells. Spread the avocado mixture on each shell.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, use a fork to shred the chicken breast (this should happen very easily).
- Place the chicken, diced onions, chopped tomatoes and cheese on each shell.
- Fold into a taco and secure with a small clothespin.
- Serve to your family!
RECIPE BROUGHT TO YOU BY GLITTER AND BUBBLES