Depending on how late your family is running, Mini Pancake Skewers can be enjoyed at the table or in the car or bus on the way to school! If you don’t have time to make pancakes from scratch the morning of, you can make them ahead of time and freeze. Just warm them up before you pop them on the skewers and top with Nutella and fruit. Ever since Molly Mesnick passed along her all time favorite pancake recipe, we haven’t felt the need to try any others. These are seriously the perfect pancake skewers — light, fluffy and oh so delicious! What’s your go-to back to school breakfast recipe? Tell us in the comments below.
- ¼ Cup Nutella
- ¼ Cup Blueberries
- ¼ Cup Raspberries
- 6-7 Strawberries, Sliced Horizontally into Coins
- 1 Banana, Sliced into Coins
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- Maple Syrup (Optional)
- Crack the egg into a large bowl and beat it with a whisk.
- Add in the buttermilk, olive oil, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt and whisk until smooth.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and pour in a tablespoon of batter for each pancake (they will be small).
- Once the batter begins to bubble, flip the pancake. Allow it to cook for 3-5 more minutes and remove from the heat.
- Repeat this process until you have used all the batter.
- Use a ½ inch round cookie cutter to cut the pancakes into perfect circles.
- Top half the pancakes with Nutella.
- Slide a Nutella topped pancake bite onto a skewer, followed by a strawberry, another Nutella topped pancake, another strawberry, a plain pancake, a banana coin and then top with either a raspberry or blueberry.
- Repeat this process until you have the desired number of pancake skewers.
- Serve to your kids with or without syrup.
Author: Glitter and Bubbles
Adapted: Molly Mesnick & Jenny Keller