Last week I watched Zelda fall in love. It wasn’t on the playground or at music class and it didn’t happen on a stroll through the park. The happy event occurred when I tore the cellophane from a block of Gouda cheese. Zelda promptly picked it up, took a bite, and another and another, and then looked at the cheese in an incredibly loving way (see below). I totally get it, baby girl — cheese is a magical thing. The cheese not in Zelda’s tummy went on top of our Cranberry Gouda Bites.
It’s safe to say if Zelda was writing this recipe she would only include one ingredient. However, I recommend adding puff pastry, egg wash, cranberry jelly and a sprinkle of time. The five-ingredient appetizer will impress guests and takes under twenty minutes to whip up. Just don’t let your babe too close to the Gouda! What ingredient does your little one go nuts for? Do they need to check into cheese lovers anonymous too?
Make Yours Look Like Ours
This review is based strictly on my opinion. I was provided the sample free of charge by the company to provide my honest review. No other type of compensation was received. All ideas and opinions are my own.
- Prep time: 5min
- Cook time: 10min
- Total time: 15min
This five-ingredient appetizer will impress guests and takes under twenty minutes to whip up.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl and cut the puff pastry into small squares (if it isn’t already). Stack the squares so you have 10-12 half an inch high.
- Carefully brush the pastry with the egg wash and bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Slice the Gouda into small cubes. When the pasty is done baking, place the cheese cubes on top and bake for an additional 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the bites from the oven and top with cranberry jam and fresh thyme leaves.
- Serve to your family!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles
Adapted: Kitchen Sanctuary
Adapt Link: https://www.kitchensanctuary.com/2015/12/cranberry-brie-bites/