Yes, you read that correctly — these donuts have real beets in them! Chocolate Beet Donuts are both sneaky and delicious! They contain an entire cup, so while your babe is eating chocolate donuts with frosting you can feel good knowing they are getting their vitamins too. What better way to celebrate National Donut Day than by hanging out in the kitchen with your little ones? All you need is thirteen ingredients (most of which you probably already have), a donut pan, a food processor and a little cooking spray. The best part? Chocolate Beet Donuts are ready to eat in under thirty minutes. You can’t say no to that!
- Prep time:15min
- Cook time:15min
- Total time:30min
Yes, you read that correctly — these donuts have real beets in them!
- Preheat the oven and spray a mini donut tin with cooking spray.
- Use a food processor to combine the beets, vanilla extract, maple syrup, butter, dates and milk.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt.
- Pour the food processor mix into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour the mix into the donut pan, filling each donut hole 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the donuts are set.
- Remove the donuts from the oven and place on a wire baking rack. Allow to cool.
- While the donuts are cooling, place the chocolate chips into a bowl with the shortening. Microwave on high for 30-60 seconds or until the chocolate is melted. Stir with a spoon.
- Once cooled, drizzle the chocolate over the donuts with a spoon and top with sprinkles.
- Allow the chocolate to harden and serve to your babes!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles
Adapted: Catching Seeds
Adapt Link: https://www.catchingseeds.com/double-chocolate-beet-donuts/