Baseball season is in full swing (pun intended!) and we can’t wait to take Zelda to her next game. It’s a been a few years since her and Luca made an appearance (they’ve been busy hanging out at Swissotel) and she’s long overdue for a game. In the meantime, we’ve been cheering on the Cubbies from home and had a ton of fun making Mini Chicago Style Hot Dogs. As it turns out, finding mini poppyseed buns is no easy task so we ended up doing a little improvising, and with the help of a medium sized cookie cutter made our own out of regular sized buns.
We don’t ever really give Zelda fried food so instead of French fries we opted for veggie straws – a household favorite. How does your crew cheer along their team? Tell us in the comments below.
- Prep time:10min
- Cook time:5min
- Total time:15min
- Yield: 8
- Serves: 6
Finding mini poppyseed buns is no easy task so we ended up doing a little improvising and with the help of a medium sized cookie cutter made our own out of regular sized buns.
- Grill or boil the Little Smokies cocktail wieners until cooked through.
- Use a medium sized cookie cutter to cut a poppyseed bun in half so that it appears like a mini bun.
- Place the cocktail wiener on the bun and add tomato slices, sport peppers, onion and pickle slices.
- Top with relish and mustard; sprinkle with celery salt.
- Serve with veggie straws!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles