Lucky for me, Spiro is a genius in the kitchen and one of his specialties is a margarita. I’m convinced no one makes a better margarita than he does, so we’ll naturally be pairing them with our Cinco de Mayo mini burritos on Friday. His signature drink can be spiced up with jalapenos but they can be left out if your palate is sensitive (I’m partial to the spicy version!). We never realized it before, but folding a burrito is a real art, and it took us several tries to get it just right! This video was super helpful in helping us nail the technique. How is your crew celebrating Cinco de Mayo?
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
- Prep Time 15m
- Cook Time 15m
- Total Time 30m
We never realized it before, but folding a burrito properly is a true art!
- 1 Pound Ground Chicken
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 1 White Onion
- 2 Avocados
- 5-10 Cherry Tomatoes
- ½ Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4-6 Small Tortilla Shells
- ½ Cup Salsa
- 1 Packet Taco Seasoning
- ¼ Cup Sour Cream
- Olive oil or melted butter
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Salt
- 1 Lime
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 3 oz. Tequila
- 2 oz. Lime Juice
- 1 oz. Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Grand Marnier
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the ground chicken, salsa and taco seasoning in a large skillet on medium heat; season with salt and pepper. Add in two tablespoons of water and the chopped white onion; cook until translucent.
- Slice and mash the avocado and spread onto the center of the shell. Add the chicken and onion mixture, followed by cheddar cheese, black beans and sliced cherry tomatoes.
- Fold the burrito and place each side by side in a baking dish.
- Brush with olive oil or melted butter and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Top with more avocado, cheese, cherry tomatoes and sour cream.
- To make the margaritas place the salt and 1 tablespoon of sugar on a plate.
- Add a little lime juice and a little lime zest to the salt and sugar mixture, combine with a fork (it should be gooey).
- Place the rim of a glass in this mixture and then place the glass in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- To make the syrup, combine the remaining sugar and water in a bowl and microwave on high until the sugar dissolves (about one minute).
- Add ice, tequila, lime juice and syrup to a cocktail shake.
- Shake horizontally to combine; serve in a frozen glass!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles