There’s always something special about eating breakfast in bed – especially when it’s delivered by someone as cute as Zelda (I know I might be biased, but come on!). This year, we’re planning on spoiling Spiro with D-A-D Maple Bacon Stuffed French Toast. When we were doing our practice run, Zelda was all too happy to be the official bacon tester. Spoiler Alert: It tastes amazing! The key to an extra delicious French Toast is the bread, which is why we went with braided French bread. Adding vanilla instead of sugar adds a little something special and we’re sure the special guy in your household with flip over it! What are you doing to celebrate dad?
- Prep time: 20min
- Cook time: 10min
- Total time: 30min
The key to an extra delicious French Toast is the bread, which is why we went with braided French bread. Adding vanilla instead of sugar adds a little something special and we’re sure the special guy in your household with flip over it!
- Place the bacon on a grill pan over medium heat and cook until crispy. Set aside.
- Slice the French bread into even slices, approximately 1-2 inches thick.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk the eggs, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Grease a skillet with butter over medium heat. Quickly dip the French bread in the egg mix, coating both sides and place on the skillet. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes and then flip. Repeat this process with each bread slice until golden brown, adding more butter to the pan as necessary.
- In a separate bowl, blend together the cream cheese and maple syrup. Crumble the bacon (leaving a few slices to serve on the side) and add to the mix, stir again.
- Use cookie cutters to cut the French toast into four “D’s” and two “A’s”. Place the cream cheese/bacon mix between each letter and sandwich.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve with mixed berries!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles
Adapted: The Love Nerds
Adapt Link: http://thelovenerds.com/2014/04/maple-bacon-stuffed-french-toast.html