Zelda and I are always looking for healthy alternatives to not so good for you but oh so delicious snacks and these Loaded Avocado Fries are right up our ally. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, my child is addicted to both avocados and bacon, so for her this was a match made in heaven. Zelda is at an age where she is excited to help in the kitchen and loved adding the toppings. You can use whatever toppings you love and we opted for bacon, green onions, cilantro, limes and tomatoes. Maybe next time we will try a Greek version! The garlic aioli is so easy to whip together and adds an extra little punch. What’s your favorite spin on a not so healthy dish? Tell us in the comments below.
- Prep time: 15min
- Cook time: 15min
- Total time: 30min
Are you always looking for healthy alternatives to not so good for you but oh so delicious snacks? These Loaded Avocado Fries will be right up your alley!
- Remove the skins and seeds from the avocados and cut into slices.
- Mix the buttermilk and egg whites together with a whisk. Place the buttermilk/egg mix, flour and panko into three separate bowls. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dip each avocado slice into the buttermilk/egg mix followed by the flour and then coat with panko. Place each slice onto the baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 7-10 minutes.
- While the avocado fries are baking, cook the bacon on a grill pan. Once the bacon is done, crumble and set aside.
- Mix together the mayo, minced garlic, and lemon juice to create the garlic aioli.
- Remove the avocado fries from the oven and transfer to a round baking dish lined with parchment paper. Top with shredded cheddar and place back into the oven for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and top with crumbled bacon, chopped tomato and chopped green onions. Garnish with cilantro and lime slices.
- Serve with garlic aioli!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles